GEN - 811.00. In this paper, CECED and Eurovent have jointly provided input for the European Commission review study of ecodesign and energy labelling for air conditioners and comfort fans (Commission Regulation (EU) No 206/2012 and the Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) No 626/2011). The paper specifically addresses Task 1 and Task 2 of the Study’s draft interim report.
Eurovent and CECED hold that the EU Ecodesign regulations and measures are a powerful tool to achieve the European Union energy saving targets and to ensure the level-playing-field. CECED and Eurovent do not regard these measures as a burden, but as a motivation to further innovate while contributing to progressive thinking throughout all sectors of our industry.
With this joint Position Paper, CECED and Eurovent have analysed the draft interim report of the review study (Task 1 &2)
Specifically, this paper provides comments on:
- The regulations’ scope and definitions
- Comparison between different types of air conditioners
- Effect of outside air being drawn into the inside room for single and double duct air conditioners (infiltration)
- Compensation method
- Reduction of noise level
- Network standby energy consumption
- Estimations on prices, costs, sales and stocks
Related documents and links
The position paper and other related documents can be found attached to this article in the right side bar.
- GEN - 811.01 – CECED & EUROVENT comments on tasks 1 and 2 of Airco and comfort fans study.pdf
- GEN – 787.00 - Review study on Ecodesign and Energy Labelling for air conditioners
- GEN - 787.01 - Review - air conditioner task 1+2 14-06-2017