Eurovent is Europe’s Industry Association for Indoor Climate (HVAC), Process Cooling, and Food Cold Chain Technologies. Its members from throughout Europe represent more than 1.000 companies, the majority small and medium-sized manufacturers. Eurovent is one of the largest cross-regional industry committees of its kind. The organisation’s activities are based on highly valued democratic decision-making principles, ensuring a level playing field for the entire industry independent from organisation sizes or membership fees. More information at www.eurovent.eu.
As Technical and Regulatory Affairs Officer, you will be responsible for the technical management of the Eurovent refrigeration/ventilation related Product Groups.
Your key tasks will involve (inter alia):
- Active managing/coordinating (part of) the Eurovent Product Groups
- Managing the budget allocated to the Product Groups you are responsible for
- Supporting members in interpreting/understanding the EU product legislation/EU legislative framework
- Regular monitoring of the EU legislative activities
- Drafting industry Position Papers
- Representing the industry position towards the EC Officers/Consultants at the EC stakeholder meetings/consultations as well as at the EU Standardisation Committees
- Communicating with organisations (Member Associations and companies)
- Liaising with EC Officers and Consultants and EU/International testing agencies
- Drafting articles and documents related to your field of activity
- Coordinating with Eurovent Certita Certification Programme Committees
- Master’s degree in engineering
- Solid experience of minimum 3 years on the European HVACR market
- Excellent knowledge of English, both written and oral; knowledge of other European languages (e.g. German, French, Spanish) is a strong asset
- Very familiar with EU legislative processes, standardisation and product testing
- Team player and team builder
- European-minded and open to different cultures
- Able to express yourself in a clear and convincing way, oral and written; able to deliver sound presentations
- Result driven, showing strong commitment towards others, the organisation, members and stakeholders; you are willing to go the extra mile
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Good sense of organisation, high degree of thoroughness
- Willingness to work in a small and very hard-working team, ability to work independently on European-wide projects
- High integrity and trustworthiness
- High flexibility in terms of time, tasks and location (frequent travels required)
Place in the Organisation
The Technical and Regulatory Affairs Officer will be reporting to the Eurovent Secretary General and the Eurovent Deputy Secretary General. The Technical and Regulatory Affairs Officer will work closely with the entire Eurovent Team including the Senior Technical and Regulatory Affairs Manager.
This vacancy is open at the Eurovent Office in Brussels/Milan/home office (TBD).
The role demands high flexibility in terms of time and location. We have a small, hard-working Team spread throughout Europe and the Middle East (Brussels, Krakow, Milan, Paris, Prague, Dubai) and more than 1.000 members coming from 30+ countries.
Remuneration, working contract, timing
Remuneration: Approximately 40.000-45.000 EUR/year (gross).
Full-time position as of July 2021.
If interested, please send an email with your CV (or LinkedIn profile) to Mr Francesco Scuderi ([email protected]). Interviews will be held online throughout June 2021.