Eurovent is the European Industry Association for Indoor Climate (HVAC), Process Cooling, and Food Cold Chain Technologies. Our association acts as a bridge between our members and the EU institutions to enable safe and reliable heating, cooling, and ventilation technologies to contribute to the EU’s climate neutrality ambitions. We represent more than 1.000 organisations from over 30 countries, most of which are SMEs. More information about us at www.eurovent.eu.
As Technical and Regulatory Affairs Officer, you will take the lead on our heating and cooling files, managing all policy and standardisation developments related to these technologies in our scope, in close cooperation with the relevant members. You will:
- Monitor and interpret relevant regulatory developments related to, among others, Ecodesign and Energy Labelling, Energy Performance of Buildings, Renewable Energy and Circular Economy.
- Identify hooks, risks and opportunities in the policy landscape, and plan advocacy accordingly.
- Prepare briefing materials for members and communicate the key takeaways effectively.
- Consult with members and drive consensus towards positions on issues of common interest.
- Draft technical analyses, position papers, arguments, presentations and speaking points.
- Coordinate advocacy positions and campaigns with other associations and partners.
- Proactively reach out to policy makers and maintain a network across EU institutions.
- Represent Eurovent positions at stakeholder workshops, consultations, and meetings.
- Liaise with relevant expert organisations, research institutions, and standardisation bodies.
- Support and contribute to technical and pre-normative research projects and reports.
- Manage internal working groups, including the preparation of meeting agenda, minutes, presentation, documents and logistics.
Your ideal profile
We are looking for an independent, motivated, and organised person with a passion for technology and experience in regulatory affairs. Most importantly:
- You hold a Master’s degree in engineering, science, or technology.
- You have minimum 3 years professional experience in regulatory affairs, advocacy, compliance, or homologation in the HVACR industry or a related technology field.
- You are familiar with the EU institutions and legislative processes.
- Acquaintance with standardisation is a strong asset.
- You are fluent in English; knowledge of other European languages is a plus.
- You are a clear and convincing communicator in speech and in writing.
- You are comfortable speaking in public and to large groups.
- You are organised and thorough and take your obligations to others seriously.
- You manage competing demands well and can work towards multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- You are a self-starter, take initiative and are comfortable working independently.
- You manage diverse relationships constructively, diplomatically and with discretion.
- You are a team player and a team builder.
- You are computer savvy and pick up new IT tools easily.
- You are comfortable travelling frequently and working flexibly in different places and times.
We offer a full-time position starting ASAP. You would ideally be based in the Eurovent Head Office in Brussels.
The role allows you to build a valuable stakeholder network and develop expertise in some of the flagship policies of the European Green Deal.
We value independence: as long as you do your job thoroughly and meet deadlines, we are flexible concerning when and how you do it.
You should be ready to travel abroad at least once a month.
You will be joining a small, international Team and work with organisations from more than 30 countries daily. You will report to the Secretary General and the Deputy Secretary General.
Approximate remuneration of 50.000 EUR/year (gross) depending on experience. Other advantages include personal phone and laptop, and coverage of mobile phone bills.
Interested? Send your CV or LinkedIn profile to Mr Francesco Scuderi ([email protected]) and let us know where you heard about the vacancy. Interviews will be held online on a rolling basis throughout September 2021.