Eurovent has just published its Position Paper related to the European Commission Guideline Document on the European Commission Regulation 2016/228. Eurovent and its Members hold that the EU Ecodesign regulations and measures are a powerful tool to achieve the European Union energy saving targets and to ensure the level-playing-field. Eurovent does not regard these measures as a burden, but as a motivation to further innovate while contributing to progressive thinking throughout all sectors of our industry.
Within this Position Paper, the requirements set for the following products are analysed:
- Water-to water comfort chillers - Water/brine-to-water comfort chillers
- Comfort chillers (water-to-water, water/brine-to-water, air-to-water) for low temperature applications and medium temperature heating applications
- Water-to-air air conditioners - Water/brine-to-air air conditioners
- Water/brine-to-air heat pumps
- Rooftop heat pumps – Ductable heat pumps
- Rooftop air conditioners – Ductable air conditioners
- Multi-split heat pumps
- Multi-split air conditioners
- Ventilation units – Heat recovery units
In order to actively contribute in achieving the energy saving targets proposed, Eurovent and its Members regard an unambiguous interpretation of the requirements set out in the Regulation as fundamental, and in this respect this Eurovent Position Paper represents a precious support for the European Commission Guideline Document.