Eurovent is Europe’s Industry Association for Indoor Climate (HVAC), Process Cooling, and Food Cold Chain Technologies. Its members from throughout Europe, the Middle East and Africa represent more than 1.000 companies, the majority small and medium-sized manufacturers. Based on objective and verifiable data, these account for a combined annual turnover of more than 30bn EUR, employing around 150.000 people within the association’s geographic area. This makes Eurovent one of the largest cross-regional industry committees of its kind.The organisation’s activities are based on highly valued democratic decision-making principles, ensuring a level-playing field for the entire industry independent from organisation sizes or membership fees.
Eurovent’s roots date back to 1958. Over the years, the Brussels-based organisation has become a well-respected and known stakeholder that builds bridges between manufacturers it represents, associations, legislators and standardisation bodies on a national, regional and international level. While Eurovent strongly supports energy-efficient and sustainable technologies, it advocates a holistic approach that also integrates health, life and work quality as well as safety aspects. Eurovent holds in-depth relations with partner associations around the globe. It is a founding member of the ICARHMA network, supporter of REHVA, and contributor to various EU and UN initiatives.
Eurovent possesses two subunits. With Eurovent Certita Certification (ECC), the association owns the majority of an independent product performance certification company based in Paris, which holds the EN ISO/IEC 17065:2012 accreditation certificate – fulfilling highest independency, reliability and integrity standards. Open to any manufacturer, it is known for its globally-recognised ‘Eurovent Certified Performance’ mark. Activities are complemented by Eurovent Market Intelligence (EMI), the association’s second independent unit. Its EMEA-wide data sets are frequently being used to support the development of legislation in the EU and beyond.
Eurovent is a fully service-oriented, not-for-profit organisation – admiring its members and their innovative, energy-efficient and sustainable solutions that enable a better quality of life to people across the globe. Our multinational Team thinks beyond ‘HVACR’, acknowledging the term’s various components by approaching them from a wider application perspective.
As a cross-regional association, we value and understand regional diversity, but also recognise a global environment that reinforces the need for an ever-stronger cooperation and the ability to speak with one voice based on democratic decision-making processes. Eurovent constantly encourages a level-playing field for the entire industry, ranging from many small and medium-sized enterprises to international corporations. The association enables members to profit from its more than 55 years of experience in technical and political cooperation on a national, regional and international level.
At Eurovent, we have a clear mission outlining what we stand for. This mission is being incorporated through core values that are being reflected in our everyday work.
Democratic decision-making isn’t just a term.
Eurovent’s structure rests upon democratic decision-making procedures between its members and their representatives. In an environment of growing complexity, proliferation of activities and actors, our association provides an effective platform for the consolidation of industry positions and market information. The more than 1.000 organisations within the Eurovent network count on us to represent their needs in a fair and transparent manner. Accordingly, we strongly believe in our setup as an industry association with manufacturers directly participating in Eurovent activities, and national associations acting as horizontal guidance, mediation and national support bodies. This allows for an effective handling of issues while acknowledging wider industry views.
Diversity is an opportunity and not a burden.
Eurovent is an industry association with members from Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Covering this area not only reflects industrial realities with many manufacturers grouping their enterprises accordingly, but also brings together different climate zones and business practices. While we value and live this diversity, making use of the wide-ranging expertise resulting from it, Eurovent needs to ensure a level-playing field in which manufacturers are able to expand their businesses. Thus, when representing markets that increasingly grow together, we do see a need for a strong cross-national and regional cooperation in order to effectively align policies and standards.
Focus on the members and do it really well.
Eurovent’s environment is defined by its members, with manufacturers constituting its heart and the centre of attention. Within its capacities, the Eurovent Team ensures that members’ interests drive everyday work. While the association’s environment is shaped by a strong demand of legislators for energy efficiency that we generally support, our industry makes us realise that there is more to it than just efficiency. Accordingly, we advocate a holistic approach that also integrates health, life and work quality, as well as safety aspects. We support our industry in its call for a sensitively regulated market that ensures sufficient breathing space and respects industrial realities.
Ten reasons why to join Eurovent and participate in our activities:
- Profit from our more than 50 years track record in successfully working together with EU decision-makers on European legislation
- Receive first-hand information on national, regional and international legislation and standards, as well as requirements for the industry to participate in the respective decision-making processes
- Take part in our Issue Groups, Product Groups and Special Projects, and shape future legislation and standards for the Indoor Climate, Process Cooling and Food Cold Chain industry
- Use our events and meetings to promote your industry while staying in touch with colleagues from all-around Europe, the Middle East and Africa – and even beyond through our in-depth international partnerships
- Engage with our multi-lingual and multi-disciplinary Team that combines the experience of seniors with long-term experience in political decision-making and young professionals
- Benefit from Eurovent thinking Beyond ‘HVACR’ – acknowledging the term’s various components by approaching them from a wider application perspective
- Think globally, act locally! Eurovent holds connections with most capitals in Europe and beyond through its national members, which constitute the major associations of their respective countries. This allows for an in-depth information exchange across state borders
- Make use of our state-of-the-art online portal, which is fully adapted to the needs of our industry, and allows you to directly receive exactly the information you need
- Be on the safe side by knowing that Eurovent fulfils strongest confidentiality, reliability and competition law requirements
- Increase your visibility through our globally-recognised brand name and profit from Eurovent being the only industry association in Europe, the Middle East and Africa with an independent certification (Eurovent Certita Certification) and market intelligence (Eurovent Market Intelligence) unit, which bring additional value to the market